Be part of our journey
As a global leader in speciality chemicals, we continue to succeed and strengthen our delivery of innovative, sustainable and high-performance solutions. We are passionate and excited about how we can develop and utilise new technologies to shape and inspire changes within an ever-growing market place.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Research & Technology Scientist to join the Biotechnology R&T team. With a growing need for new sustainable products biotechnology is an area of future growth and expansion within the business. The role is heavily R&D based involving the development of upstream processes for a variety of natural and GM organisms. The successful candidate will also be required to support the development of downstream recovery. The candidate will work closely with production, IP, regulatory, application, sales and marketing to launch products into Croda’s markets.
Our ideal person
As a business, it’s really important to us that we find the best person for the job and that you have the best opportunity to succeed in the role. To help, we have outlined our expectations for the role and what core skills and experiences we require as well as what would make you an ideal fit. In turn, we hope this helps you evaluate if this is the right job for you.
- Experienced microbiologists, with an appreciation of nutritional and physiochemical requirements of cells under cultivation.
- BSc or preferably higher degree with at least 2-3 years’ experience in microbiology or related a life sciences equivalent discipline.
- Previous experience in industry would be beneficial.
- You will have the ability to work within the biotechnology team and wider commercial teams.
- You will need to be a self-motivated individual with the ability to manage and plan your own workload.
- You will have strong communication and networking skills.
- You will have the ability to find innovative solutions to complex problems and adapt to changing project requirements.
- Previous work experience within the bioindustry sector.
- Significant experience in developing microbial fermentation using stirred tank bioreactors with understanding of critical parameters for the successful fermentation of aerobic microorganisms.
- Proven experience of taking an idea to commercial success.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive benefits package including: defined benefit pension scheme with death in service benefit, 25 days paid holiday allowance (plus bank holidays) and access to share plans.
For more information/ to apply: https://croda.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=113&site=5
18 February 2020
14 June 2020
21 September 2020