The role will be based in AlgaeCytes labs, as part of the chemistry team, working on the downstream
processing of algal biomass. Central to the role will be to help in maintaining laboratory equipment
to the appropriate standards and to assist when required on R&D projects.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Working as part of a team on laboratory- to pilot plant-scale to cultivate microalgae
and extract products on customer demand.
- Ensure products produced meet quality control requirements and maintain
- To assist in maintenance and development of laboratory equipment to required
- Support method development, identifying and characterising bioactive ingredients
using analytical techniques as GC-MS, GC-FID, HPLC and others.
- Develop an understanding of company’s projects and how they affect the company’s
business and products.
- Clear and timely communication of data.
- Analysing and interpreting experimental data, then making appropriate
- Working effectively in a multidisciplinary team to formulate and execute project
- Working independently and flexibly to meet changing demands.
- Present data-supported conclusions in written and oral reports on progress.
- Ensure that all company policies and safety practices are followed.
For more information: Junior Chemist Job Description_July 2021