The primary Job Purpose is to produce optimise seaweed extracts to meet the Project Objectives.
Nature & Scope
This role will lead the internally conducted laboratory scale work for the Seaweed Project.
- BSc or equivalent in Chemistry or a closely related discipline to equip them with the scientific skills to competently conduct the work described above (Documented Qualification).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience post-BSc in an academic or industrial environment using wet chemistry techniques to prepare, analyse or characterise naturally sourced materials.
- Good working knowledge of Health and Safety rules as they apply to working in a laboratory environment including preparation of COSH and Risk assessments.
- Proven Track record of developing and/or adapting wet chemistry techniques to suit requirements of projects.
- Good communication skills to translate their observations and findings into meaningful insights and actions to non-technical members of a project team.
- Experience of working with Seaweed, preparation, analysis, and characterisation of seaweed extracts.
- Knowledge and experience of analytical techniques such as nmr, Mass spectroscopy, chromatography, membrane filtration.
- Experience of scaling up extraction of plant-based materials.
- Experience of working in a GLP environment and/or ISO accredited companies/laboratories (cv/interview)
- Project Leadership experience including planning and budget management. Familiarity of using Microsoft Project.
For more information: Byotrol Organic Chemist
To apply email: email@example.com
18 May 2021
23 May 2021